Wednesday, June 26, 2013

IUD Hell.

I had an IUD put in when I went in for my checkup after I had Jax. Well, since we moved two days after I never went back in to have it check out. A month ago I decided to set up an apt because I was having sharp pains. 
Today I went in with the intentions of having it removed because I keep hearing thing about it implanting into your uterus, and I still want one more kid. I got up there on that table doing the one thing we all love doing (sarcasm) at an OBGYN apt and spread those legs. 
And where was the string you ask? No where to be found! She then got the ultrasound out to try and find where it went. It had tucked itself up there in my cervix which means I now have to come back in a month and take a pill that will open up my cervix just so she can fish around for it. 
Sounds like fun, right?
And if that doesn't work... Surgery!
As nice as it was to not have to take a pill, it sure sucks to have to go through all this just to remove it.

Wish me luck. 


7 comments:

  1. IUD's are terrible so I feel your pain. You can google forums on it. Mine didn't get lodged anywhere, but it caused a huge amount of hormonal issues that came to a head when I had a panic attack. As soon as I had it taken out the issues resolved. But it took 6 months to realise what was causing the anxiety and panic attacks. I reported mine to the TGA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too bad. I haven't been on BC in FOR.EVER! I'm so afraid of what it would do to my cycle. I hope they are remove it plainly and effortlessly next month :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY LANTA. I would have passed out. This is exactly why I didn't want an IUD. I attempted to do the Depo shot and that was a nightmare all in itself. I was on my period for the entire three months, so this mama is back on pills. I am the world's worst at remembering to take them, even with an alert on my phone. Fingers crossed we don't find out any shocking news anytime soon on little JaxJax having a new brother/sister. I do my best to take them on time.

    Good luck and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. That is just hell, it sucks you are having to go through it :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BC just sucks. I wish I didn't have to do it anymore. And thank you!

      Delete
  4. Yikes! I hope it can be removed without surgery. Sent a prayer up for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. O goodness! I am so sorry girl!
    I had mirena for about a month; and then it fell out. Ya.
    I'm so sorry you have to go through this! Will be thinking about ya! Good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yours fell out?!? Omg that could be very bad news.

      Delete