Saturday, July 20, 2013

{Preparing For Jaxon's Birthday} Dinosaur Crayons

 I made dinosaur crayons to put in party favors for the kids. Here's where I found out how to make them. I looked through all my old crayons for all the different color blues since Jaxon's party is a blue ombré/dinosaur party.
Old Crayons
Silicon Mold
Candle Mold Release

1. Start off by taking all the wrappers off the crayons.
I found that using a razor works the best rather then trying to rip all the wrapping off yourself.
2. Once your done, cut the crayons. The smaller you cut them, the faster they melt. 
I would even cut them smaller then in my picture.
Try to cut them the same size.
3. Preheat oven to 350-400 degrees.
4. Spray mold with candle mold release each time. 
5. Place in the mold.
6. Put the mold on a flat cookie sheet in the over for 5-7 minutes.
Keep an eye on it because it could melt faster then that time, depending on the size of the crayons.
7. Pull them out but be careful not to spill. 
Let cool till they are hard.





No comments:

Post a Comment