Sunday, September 8, 2013

Cake Smash Pictures!

( Amazing Onesie by Leah @ Simply Made With Love)

I'm so happy to have a best friend ( Liv ) that takes such good pictures!
She isn't professional and this was her first time taking pictures of Jaxon. She first got her camera to take pictures of her kids. I can now say she should definitely do this professionally. She is amazing!













The cake!
------------
You will need:
I box of cake mix
2 containers of frosting (there will be left overs)
Decorating bags and tips
Cake pan (I bought a small one from michaels)
Food coloring (got mine from michaels)
Bowls for mixing colors

I went and bought this cake decorations set at target. I'm not sure what the tips I used are called. This was my first time making a layered cake and I know nothing about it.

The two blues I used- Royal blue and sky blue.
After I mix up all the ingredients for the cake, I separated it into three bowls so I could have three different colored layers. I first mixed one bowl with the royal blue to the shade I wanted. I put a little of that same blue in the second bowl and then put a little of the sky blue with it. I wanted an in between color. Then I put a tiny bit of sky blue in the last on and mixed it up. If I wanted it darker, I just kept adding till I got the color I wanted. Its good to start out with a tiny bit because you can always go darker. I also did that with the frosting.
Once it was done baking, I cut the tops off to make sure all were the same size and flat. I spread a little of the frosting between each layer.

For the frosting, I had two containers that I put into five bowl and started with the darkest color to the lightest. I put each color in their own decorating bag and stuck it in the fridge until I was ready to use them.
Decorating-I started at the bottom and worked my way up. It took me about 4 hours. If you don't have a baby to watch, it will take less.


post signature

6 comments:

  1. I love it!!! I was waiting to see how you did the cake (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG he is the cutest little boy I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an amazing job on that cake, mama! How were your hands feeling after?! ;) Great pics of your little guy..he is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      My hands weren't as bad as I thought they would be but they definitely cramped up a couple times.

      Delete
  4. The photos were hilarious, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete