Monday, January 21, 2013

19 Weeks.


Jax still hasn't been sleeping well. He wakes up every 2 1/2 hours at night and only takes 30 minute cat naps. Im not sure if it is because of the cold or teething or possibly a 4 month growth spirt, but all I know is I'm exhausted!
For the most part he is getting over his cold but still wakes up congested and I have to suck out the junk. As for teething... well I'm not breastfeeding him anymore. I pump and give it to him in a bottle ( and im doing formula also). He now thinks its funny to bite down on my nipple and pull as hard as he can... then when I say OW, he looks up at me and smiles and then does it again. What a little stinker.
I think I'm going to have my hands full with this one.
I took Jax to the doctor this week. He couldn't get his shots because he was sick, so we are doing it this Wednesday. Jax is now 24in (15th percentile) and weighs 11 lbs 10 oz (3rd percentile).
My doctor wants me to get his weight up so I have been doing more formula then normal.
Im thinking its because Im not making enough milk and he is always spitting it up.


We took Jaxon to the beach for the first time. We haven't taken him out on the sand yet but we did a 2 mile walk. The weather was perfect! This is our winter in southern California. Im going to try and do it once or twice a week. Its so nice to take Jax out and he loves looking at everything. I cant wait to take him out on the sand!


post signature

2 comments:

  1. What a cutie!! Have you tried the "90 minute sleep cycle" I've just started it and noticed some great results! She sleeps longer than ever at night and during naps. Dr. Polly Moore wrote the book. I hope it gets better for you soon! Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of that. Ill have to get the book. I need my sleep :)

      Delete